Now that you have your Shopify store connected with Amazon, it’s time to promote your Amazon listing! It’s important to keep in mind that like with most things, the more you put in the more you’ll get out.
It’s clear that in partnering your store with Amazon, you’re interested in increasing your sales. So here are some tips for you on how to productively promote your store listings!
Amazon Listing Promotion
Pay attention to your competitors.
Finding out what you’re up against is the first piece of this puzzle. You can stand to learn a lot from your competitors.
- Read their customer reviews and sift through their Q&As. Customers are generally very frank with what it is they’re looking for and how a company can stand to improve either their service or product. Taking note of these things from your competitor’s website gives you a leg-up in your business.
- Take notice of their inventory. If a competitor runs out of stock, that’s your time to act quick! Stepping in with a product save is crucial to meeting the needs of your customer. It’s all about being prepared and being in the right place at the right time.
2. The price is right.
Amazon is an open marketplace which makes the already difficult process of pricing even more trying. You want to be competitive in your pricing without compromising your profit margin. While there’s little you can do in the way of the mass competition you’ll face on Amazon’s Sales Channel, there are a few key things to keep in mind to avoid bigger issues.
- When you sign your seller’s agreement with Amazon, pay attention to the pricing parity clause. This clause indicates that your item price and total price cannot be lower on any other sales channels. This include your own Shopify site. Keep a close eye on your pricing here to make sure you don’t breech your contract.
- Amazon recently introduced the “Automate Pricing” tool on Seller Central to help you stay competitive with your pricing.
3. Optimize your product listings.
It’s important to note that e-commerce shoppers make fast decisions. Within just seconds, Amazon shoppers make the decision whether or not to further engage with a listing or simply return to the search results page. The following can help you capture and maintain your customer’s attention.
- Make sure you’re using clear and descriptive titles for your Amazon listing. Users need to be able to quickly identify what your product is and if it suits their needs.
- Quickly answer any questions that a consumer might have before the fold. Basically, know your product and your customers well enough to understand what needs they may need met immediately.
- Provide a clear overview photo. Your featured image should show the product in its entirety. Additional photos may be included showing different angles and specific details, but your customer should be able to immediately identify what your product is from the featured image.
- Keep your product description brief, clear, and to the point. Most customers are skimming, so you need to lay out all the details quick and easily. Your goal here is to facilitate your customer’s quick decision. If you give them all the info they need without any doubts, chances are they’ll click “buy” without hesitation.
Be sure to stay tuned for part two of the Amazon Listing Promotion post!